(Unsolvable?) Installation problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

At the moment Im trying to test Windows Home Server on an older PC for learning to handle it.

I inserted the installation-DVD. After a few seconds I can choose "new installation", afterwards my IDE-UDMA-HDD is displayed correctly.

After this the setup asks for currency, timezone and layout of the keyboard. But, there´s is nothing displayed to choose, just empty fields. I can do nothing different than choosing to go on. A couple of moments later Windows starts my PC again and wants to boot from my installation-DVD.

Why can´t I choose timezone oder keyboard options?

Why does it start after clicking to go on?

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:27 PM

All replies

• You can't insert the DVD with the computer allready started, you need to boot from the DVD to install WHS. Insert the DVD, holding down the shift key to prevent auto-run, and then restart the computer and proceed with set-up.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:38 PM
  •  

I haven´t tried to start setup on a running system. My PC booted from installation-DVD.

But, I solved the problem. Using my home PC, I formatted the HDD with manufacture settings two times. Now it´s working, setup is installing the WHS.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:20 PM