Don't know Mailadresse from my homeserveradress RRS feed

• Question

• Want to get my old homeserver adress back but I don't know which email adress I take.

All known I tested are failed. How can I found the right email adress to this homeserveradress: arnie.homeserver.com?

Thanks for your help.

Arnie
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:11 PM

Answers

• Your homeserver.com vanity URL is tied to a particular LiveID, which in turn is (for most people) tied to a Hotmail address. Unfortunately, there's no way to look up the email address associated with a particular vanity URL. The best I can do is to suggest you try each of your email addresses again, in case you missed one...

One other possibility: if you had a home server set up, with a vanity URL, but then you "unconfigured" it and left it that way for a significant amount of time (probably weeks to months), it's possible that the vanity URL you had been using is now in use by someone else. You could test that by just turning off your remote access web site on your server, then trying to visit that vanity URL. If it still returns a home server remote access start page, you will know that someone else has taken that URL.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:33 PM