Recover accidental "Remove Computer" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I accidentally removed (deleted) backups for a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro that was just reset - I was trying to reduce to 9 computers so I could add the reset machine but ended up removing the one I needed the backups to build the reset laptop. Is there anyway to recover the backup files for the computer that I accidentally removed?

I am not a developer -but can if provided with enough details- follow directions at a fairly high technical level :)

Thanks.

Sunday, August 9, 2015 6:43 PM

All replies

• If you didn't archive the backups when you removed the computer from WHS, I am not aware of a method of recovering them.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, August 9, 2015 6:55 PM
  • hello, thanks for the reply. how do you mean 'archive'? I have another drive that mirrors everything I backup on drive 1. Is that what is archiving?

Is there recovery software that can be applied to the drive to get the backups? thanks.

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:21 AM
  • No, when you remove the client computer from WHS using the Dashboard, you have the option of keeping (archiving) the backups. The computer is no longer shown but the backups are still available. I have not heard of any recovery software to get back deleted backups.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:39 AM
  • Thanks again. Where would I look for the archives? I wasn't given the option to archive the backups when I accidentally deleted the computer (thinking it was another one). But will look in archives as a last ditch effort if you can point me there. Many thanks.
    Monday, August 10, 2015 8:51 PM
  • I assume that when you deleted the client computer you did it using the Dashboard?

Look in the Dashboard, Computers & Backups Tab and you should see your current Clients listed under "Computers", under that you will see the "Server" and below that "Archived computer backups". If there is nothing there, I think that you are out of luck.

Monday, August 10, 2015 9:28 PM