none
Can not "Sign Out" in this forum RRS feed

• Question

• After post a message in this forum, I can not sign out from this forum. "Sign out" located at top right was not go to sign out, but go to last page I go.
    I try several time at several page, but I still active in forum.

Maybe I only need to close the tab browser?
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hans is correct. Usually, sign-in/out issues I've seen are related to cookies. To check, you may want to backup your cookies and clear your browser cookie sessions.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:26 PM
  • Forgot to mention that late last week/early this week, we've had passport issues in general which should be resolved by now. Let me know if you're still having issues regarding sign-in/sign-out. I'd like to track it.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:07 PM

All replies

• Sign in/out has never not been a problem at these forums.  For one, it is not accurate.  It can show "Sign out" when you're not signed in.  And the other way around.  Just don't bother, it is merely a cookie.  And only valid for 24 hours.

Hans Passant.
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:05 PM
  • Hans is correct. Usually, sign-in/out issues I've seen are related to cookies. To check, you may want to backup your cookies and clear your browser cookie sessions.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:26 PM
  • Nah, it's a bug.  The "My Forums link" box always correctly indicates signed-in status.  Well, at the time the page is rendered.

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:16 PM
  • Actually,

We're seeing some very intermittent issues with sign-in/sign-out. What I mean by this is when you sign-in (for Example), the top right shows "Sign-in" however the right rail (My Forums) shows the other links and displayName.

Let me discuss this with the team.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:58 PM
  • Yeah, that's the one.

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:43 PM
  • Forgot to mention that late last week/early this week, we've had passport issues in general which should be resolved by now. Let me know if you're still having issues regarding sign-in/sign-out. I'd like to track it.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:07 PM