WLOC Team DID IT Tune Up ran both xp & Vista flawlessly RRS feed

• Question

• Ok guys I found a fix in 2.0.2350.10 the reporting errors in tune up are gone.

Disc Clean up reported normal Holy Moly

But here's what defrag reports now

C:\Defragmentation Partially Completed *
    E:\ Defragmentation Completed

* Because of High Levels of Disk Fragmentation,
    Starred Volumes could not be completed in this
    Tune-up and are Marked for Defragmentation in a Later Tune-ups.

How do I resolve this issue?

I've gotten this one every now and then in previous builds.

It's Running It's Running 

Mikro Does Big Happy Dance No More issues I can see.

Friday, September 14, 2007 3:21 AM

Answers

• Glad to hear that they addressed the error reporting for Cleanup and Defrag.

To answer your question, there is no need to worry about "High Levels of Disk Fragmentation" because once you have successfully defragged the volume, it will begin fragmenting once again. The 15 minute rule is why OneCare will report that it didn't complete. If a pass through the volume completes in under 15 minutes, the message will be like the one you see for E:\

-steve

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:26 PM

All replies

• Glad to hear that they addressed the error reporting for Cleanup and Defrag.

To answer your question, there is no need to worry about "High Levels of Disk Fragmentation" because once you have successfully defragged the volume, it will begin fragmenting once again. The 15 minute rule is why OneCare will report that it didn't complete. If a pass through the volume completes in under 15 minutes, the message will be like the one you see for E:\

-steve

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:26 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Glad to hear that they addressed the error reporting for Cleanup and Defrag.

-steve

I found out this can be caused by to many things running. I re-ran Tune-up after turning off IM, Desktop side bar. And then ran windows defrag and clean up then re-ran Tune-up

The message went away.  

XP Home sp2 is running wloc 2.0.2350.10  like xp should perfectly.

I got 2 computers running WLOC 2.0.2350.10 Tune-up and other options perfectly now only if Bakup allowed using a internal second Hard drive as bakup source I could turn Bakup on xp and Vista there needs to have bakup not installed so that it does not show disabled or yellow status. But everything else is now running perfectly.

Friday, September 14, 2007 2:20 PM
  • It works for me too now. Thanks so much for fixing this!

Saturday, September 15, 2007 2:40 PM