locked
Sales Pipeline Report - Dates Not Displaying RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am using the standard Sales Pipeline report in CRM 4.0 which is working perfectly for Order by Sales Stage and Sales User etc. however it is not working if I order by Date.

    The columns are appearing but I am not getting any date labels displaying.

    When I drill down to the sub report (detail) I am getting the page breaks (I assume by month) but the again the label where I assume the date should display is displaying as #Error.

    I think this might be something to do with the date format as when I create a new report using the Report Wizard it works fine.

    Has anyone got this report working with UK date formats or am I barking up the wrong tree?

    When I open the report in Visual Studio it is showing the following warning….

    [rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The HeadingLabel expression for the chart ‘ChartDate’ contains an error: Conversion from string "03/28/2008" to type 'Date' is not valid.

    Friday, May 15, 2009 3:02 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Have you considered downloading the report and reworking the conversion, then upload the updated report?
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 11:32 PM
  • Hi Nick,

    Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the Sales Pipeline report, when it is in non US environments.

    But luckily, Microsoft CRM 4.0 update rollup has the fix:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0ddf8e83-5d9c-4fe7-9ae6-f2713a024071

    If this doesn't work for you, let me know.
    I can help you fix your report.

    Thanks,
    Nimisha

    Sunday, May 17, 2009 1:03 PM
  • Marcus - I have downloaded the report however my issue is that I am no expert in SQL and therefore do not know what to change the order by date statement to.

    Nimisha - I was planning on updating to rollup 4.0 this week anyway so I shall give it a go and let you know.

    Thanks for both your comments !!!
    Monday, May 18, 2009 7:55 AM
  • Nimisha,

    I have just run the update to Rollup 4 and the Sales Pipeline report (order by date) now displays correctly.

    Thank you for the advice !!!!!

    Having said that, I still have the problem with the drill down (sales pipeline detail) as this  is still showing an #ERROR on the labels?

    Any ideas?

    Kind regards

    Nick
    Friday, May 22, 2009 9:09 AM
  • Hi Nick,

    Can you mention the exact repro steps for the issue you are running into?
    I'll take a look then and get back to you.

    Thanks,
    Nimisha
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:31 AM
  • I have created my sales process workflow so the steps (stages) are being created.

     

    When I run the report I do so as follows:

     

    1)       Run “Sales Pipeline” Report

    2)       Choose “All Applicable” Records

    3)       Select my Sales Process from “Group by Sales Stage”

    4)       Select “Date” from “Group by”

    5)       Select “View Report”

     

    The main report loads and shows correctly with the X axis showing the opportunity values grouped by Month. This was not working previously however the updated report in Rollup 4 has fixed this.

     

    When I drill down however to run the sub report this is where it is still not working incorrectly.

     

    1)       Select “Show All” from the link below the graph

     

    In the blue bar before each of the grouped records there should be a label (e.g. Owner when grouped by Sales person) however on group by date the label displays as “#Error”.

     

    It looks like it is grouping by each individual date however I would have assumed this would have grouped by month as the graph does.

     

    To be honest it isn’t the end of the world but it is frustrating that it does not work correctly.

     

    Thank you in advance

     

    Nick

    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:16 AM