XP/Vista Antivirus 2008 online windows security scanner Malware Spyware RRS feed

• Question

• I have Live One Care and today I got a pop up for the XP/Vista Antivirus 2008 online windows security scanner.  I was suprised to see it because I thought my pop ups were being blocked.  I tried to close the pop up by clicking on the X box in the upper right corner, but it just opened up another window that showed a bunch of scary viruses that were supposedly on my computer.  I immediately ran a Live OneCare scan, which told me that I had no viruses.

I was not sure what to do next, so I unplugged my machine from the internet and got on another computer and googled this XP/Vista Antivirus 2008.  What I found out was that this is actually Malware/Spyware and that anywhere you click on the ad is like accepting the offer and that I probably already have several unwanted viruses and programs on my computer.  Further, I found that LiveOne Care does not detect or remove the stuff that this fake antivirus ad drops into my hard drive.

What do I do now?

Monday, September 22, 2008 2:33 AM

Answers

• Frustrated Customer,

Please contact support at http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

Important

If you have a paid subscription, you're eligible to receive telephone support.

To submit a Service Request and contact a OneCare Support agent:

1. At the bottom of any Help topic, click Contact support, and then click Get support.
    2. In the Contact Support window, select the type of support that you want, and then select whether you want help with a new issue or with an existing issue. If it is a new issue, select whether the issue is related to the computer that you're using now or to a different computer.
    3. Click Continue.
    4. Enter the appropriate subscription information, and then click Continue.
    5. Enter detailed information about the issue that you're experiencing, and then click Continue to receive your Service Request number.
      You'll need this Service Request number when you start your session with a Customer Support agent.

Rick, MS

Monday, September 22, 2008 2:59 AM