Freaking out about trying to renew service RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to renew my Onecare service for this past month but the computer keeps kicking it back saying to contact financial institution.  This is happening with both visa and MC I know both cards are fine for online purchases and both are completely paid off.

The reason I'm freaking out is all the messages I'm getting from Onecare make me feel that without it's service every hacker and worm/Trojan in the world is going to attack my computer and I feel insecure and I'd be happy just to pay the money to renew the service.

I've gone through so many options of trying to find help and get answers but to no avail.  I bought the computer in Canada last summer but I live in China.  I wonder does that have anything to do with the computer not excepting my payment?  I found in an option somewhere on this website that it say Onecare service only valid in Canada.  Soooooo, more confusion.  The Onecare is always giving me updates about what it's doing so it must be working here in China.

Can some one please, please direct me or hook me up with a human that can take my credit card payment so I can renew this 'vital' service?

Saturday, August 2, 2008 10:15 AM

Answers

• One Care is supported in the following countries and languages:

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

The only work around that I'm sure will work is to purchase a retail CD and use the product key to renew your subscription.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 2:28 PM