10 Yr old Site, Top 100k Alexa, NO MSN Indexing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the past I've always had good rankings with MSN for my site http://www.homebasedbusiness.com but for the last 6 months my site has been dropped completely. I've gone through all the webmaster tools and still nothing. I've had members asking why they can not find the site in MSN, and it's frustrating.

Our site is more than 10 years old, we have a top 100,000 alexa ranking, first page results in google for many search terms, we do not spam, take part in black hat tactics, or use link farms etc.

If any of the moderaters can provide me help with this, it would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Dan
    The Home Based Business Network
    http://www.homebasedbusiness.com

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your site is showing as blocked.  Be sure to review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked in the future.

In the webmaster tools there is a link to submit your site for reinclusion if it is blocked or if you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you use
      • The URL
      • Request re-inclusion

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:15 PM

All replies

• Alexa is useless. I have a site with about 10 uniques a day which has an Alexa rank of 650,000, and another site which gets about 1000 uv per day, which has an alexa rank of 649,000. If you want decent metrics use quantcast.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 1:52 PM
  • Agreed Alexa has so many problems I don't think anyone pays any attention to it. One day you have a rank the next you don't then all of the sudden it comes back again. Your number can be different from one moment to the next. To say the least of the fact you get a better ranking if you add and offer their tools to your site, what is that!
    Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:14 PM
  • Hi,

Your site is showing as blocked.  Be sure to review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked in the future.

In the webmaster tools there is a link to submit your site for reinclusion if it is blocked or if you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you use
      • The URL
      • Request re-inclusion

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:15 PM
  • Sort of the same problem here my site has 55K pages in Google, over 100,000 in Yahoo and hardly any in MSN. I have submitted it several times.
    http://www.webscutest.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:54 PM
  • Most likely because of this - Missing file: include/settings/server.sett.php
    Monday, June 30, 2008 1:52 PM