Calander auto time update problems RRS feed

• General discussion

• I get VERY FRUSTRATED when my clock changes when I got to a different time zone, or when daylight savings hits, because my PDA changes the times in my address book.  It screws things up.  I have missed flights because of this.  When I enter appointments I put them in the correct time, ie a flight, the flight info that is provided is for the time zone you will be in.  Also the night before last, daylight savings hit, and my PDA said it was updating my clock.... It didn't, and furthermore it changed some, but not all, of my appointments to one hour later..... This nedlessly caused a lot of problems and FRUSTRATION for me.  Is there a way to turn this feature off?  If there isn't there should be.  I like that my clock updates it's self, that in it's self is fantastic, but an option to leave the calander as it is would be great.  Please do something about this.  And if you have already ie in newer versions of windows moble please let me know.  Thank you very much.  I am running windows mobile 5.0 currently.

Thanks again,

Jeff

PS, the spelling on this would be less horrible if you guys had a spell check! 

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:59 PM

All replies

• If you are experiencing time differences on appointments in Outlook, you may want to apply the Daylight Savings Update.

You can find information about exact dates and the potential impact to your time zones in the Changes In Windows Mobile Daylight Saving Time section.  

Please note that even though it might seem like a lot of information to read through, we recommend, as with any update, that it is a good idea to read all the information before beginning the update.  There are installation tips and an FAQ in the links.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:12 AM