none
Error while unloading AppDomain when using WCF Sessions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Recently, I have observed a strange error: when I am trying to connect to HPC using Session from v.2 API in another manually created AppDomain, I cannot unload this AppDomain afterwards. Exact exception is "Error while unloading appdomain. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131015)". People say that this error typically occurs "when you are stuck inside unmanaged code which performs an uninterruptable blocking operation", and suggest to check whether every unmanaged resource is disposed. I am calling Session.Dispose(), and even tried to call Session.CloseSession(), but nothing helps. AutoClose property is set to true. When I am trying to use old API with connecting to Scheduler and submitting jobs, everything is fine.

Can you suggest something that can cause such error and how to cure it? Can't that be a resource leak in Session?

Thank you,
    Max
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Which version of client are you using? If you are on 2.0.1551 (the RTM version), you can try to apply the patch here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961716. It's only necessary for client, no need to apply it on head node.

Basically, there is a thread leak in Session API we fixed in this KB.

Regards
    Yiding
    • Marked as answer by McSIMM Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:17 PM
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:30 PM

All replies