Why? (attention Carey Frisch) RRS feed

• Question

• To whom it may concern:

Earlier today I asked a polite question, regarding a Microsoft KB link involving the latest WGA update. I was duly answered by Carey Frisch, whom I thanked. In no way did my question contravene any terms of service of this forum.

Now I see the thread is deleted.

I just wanted to express my extreme disappointment in the aims and methods of this forum. It seems clear to me that Microsoft wants certain links and information suppressed, despite what was expressed in their press release of June 27. Whomever is responsible for this should be ashamed. You have my email address- if you haven't the intestinal fortitude to explain this in public, I would appreciate a private explanation.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:34 AM

Answers

• Joe:

I apologize for the hasty edit - my original intention was to move the thread from a one-off basis (as Carey had earlier provided) to something public as an announcement (as Dan had posted). Sorry for the confusion.

-phil liu

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:12 AM

All replies

• Joe53,

There's an old saying that goes, "The best place to hide something is in plain sight."

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=510922&SiteID=25

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:40 AM
  • Thanks Dan:

But I wasn't looking for a link- Carey already gave me that. The fact that my thread was deleted was my concern. It was just a simple question, but possibly of interest to many.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:50 AM
  • Joe53,

Phil of MSFT seems to have the editing powers for the forum, so it'll be up to him to comment.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:57 AM
  • Joe:

I apologize for the hasty edit - my original intention was to move the thread from a one-off basis (as Carey had earlier provided) to something public as an announcement (as Dan had posted). Sorry for the confusion.

-phil liu

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:12 AM
  • Phil:

Accepted. Thanks for the explanation.

Joe

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:25 AM