Activate MSDNAA Vista (English) with Hungarian key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Some months ago I've downloaded the English version of Vista Business from MSDNAA (via an Academic Licence), and installed it on my desktop computer. Recently I've bought a new laptop, and sold my desktop computer (with a clean hard drive of course). I'd like to install the English version of Vista to the laptop, but since I activated it earlier on the dekstop configuration, it won't activate on the laptop. At the download page of the English version the Download button no longer available, just a 'Request reinstall' button. I made the request weeks ago (describing the situation), but nothing happened. Although, after the release of the Hungarian version, it appeared in the list on the MSDNAA site, so downloading it would generate a new key, that have not activated anywhere yet - but it is important to me for Vista to be in English, not Hungarian.

So, my question is - if I install the English version, will the key given for the Hungarian activate it? Or are there any possibilities (for example after the Hungarian installation (or before it? Tongue Tied) to change the language to English)?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for my english
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:14 AM

Answers

•  

Hi b.roberts1984,

"I'd like to install the English version of Vista to the laptop, but since I activated it earlier on the dekstop configuration, it won't activate on the laptop."

This should not be the case, as long as you uninstalled Vista from the Desktop, you are allowed to install it on the Laptop.

You will need to Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method.  Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. If the automated telephone activation is not accepted, you will be offered the option to speak with a live activation representative.  Choose that option. 
      The rep will ask a few questions for the purpose of confirming that you are still using your license for Vista in accordance with the EULA.  If so, the rep will issue an activation code for you to enter into the Activation Wizard.

"if I install the English version, will the key given for the Hungarian activate it?"

To be honest, I am not sure. But I would suggest trying the Activate by Phone method using the English Product Key (above) first.

"Or are there any possibilities (for example after the Hungarian installation (or before it? ) to change the language to English)?"

No, that will not work. Only Vista Ultimate has the ability to change system language. 

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:03 PM

All replies

•  

Hi b.roberts1984,

"I'd like to install the English version of Vista to the laptop, but since I activated it earlier on the dekstop configuration, it won't activate on the laptop."

This should not be the case, as long as you uninstalled Vista from the Desktop, you are allowed to install it on the Laptop.

You will need to Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method.  Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. If the automated telephone activation is not accepted, you will be offered the option to speak with a live activation representative.  Choose that option. 
      The rep will ask a few questions for the purpose of confirming that you are still using your license for Vista in accordance with the EULA.  If so, the rep will issue an activation code for you to enter into the Activation Wizard.

"if I install the English version, will the key given for the Hungarian activate it?"

To be honest, I am not sure. But I would suggest trying the Activate by Phone method using the English Product Key (above) first.

"Or are there any possibilities (for example after the Hungarian installation (or before it? ) to change the language to English)?"

No, that will not work. Only Vista Ultimate has the ability to change system language. 

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Thank you, phone activation was successful. Smile
    Wednesday, November 7, 2007 9:15 PM