none
Money 98 RRS feed

All replies

• If you have an installation disk, just install it.  If you are having problems doing that, post back with details, - error message, behavior, etc.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:17 PM
  • Not sure if this helps, but I had Money 98 running on Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10 and it is working normally (so far...).  Maybe you should go back to your previous OS and install Money 98 and then upgrade again. Good luck!

Alfonso

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:18 PM
  • Like Alfonso I had Money 98 on Win7 and upon upgrading to Win10, it worked well.  However, I just bought a new computer preinstalled with Win10 and I can't Money 98 to install.  The Windows Installer freezes with "Not Responding".  I don't know what the difference is between the old computer (installed then upgraded to Win10) and the new (failed install on preloaded Win10).

Also, this seems quite different from various complaints about how Money doesn't run ... as I can't even get it to install.  Appreciate any advice.  

And I already tried the registry edit related to Internet Explorer 6 recommended in many places.

• Edited by alexchan66 Friday, February 26, 2016 10:14 AM Additional comment.
    Friday, February 26, 2016 10:12 AM
  • Undo the registry edit. It was only needed before the first Cumulative Update to Windows 10 in August 2015.

If you are trying to install Money 98 from a disk, copy the installation files to your system and launch them from your hard disk.

Saturday, February 27, 2016 4:33 PM
  • Thanks DominicP.  I did both that but the installation process just hangs "Not Responding".  Ah well.  
    Monday, March 7, 2016 9:07 AM
  • I think some of the pre-installed "crapware" that comes with a new Windows 10 computer is interfering with the installation.

See the second post in this forum. You should be able to install the appropriate regional version of Money and that should open (after updating) your existing data file.

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:37 AM