Find the status of the logged users in a domain. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a requirement to create an application which will let a domain admin know about the number of online users under him.By the word online users means ,if the person is locked his workstation or logged-off , these kind of details.I am completely blank at this point.Please share some ideas about how to approach ?

Moreover i got this below .bat file which may help me to find the details about the online users , not sure how it will behave in a windows application.Please check the same:

@echo off
    for /f %%a in (pcList.txt) do (
    echo ********************
    echo Host: %%a
    For /F "Tokens=2* Delims==\" %%i In (
    'WMIC /Node:%%a ComputerSystem GET UserName /Value^|Find "="'
    ) Do Echo Current Logged in User ID for %%a is: %%j
    )
    echo Sweep is Complete
    pause

• Moved by Carl Cai Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:14 AM more related to suggested forum
    • Edited by Ashim Chatterjee Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:15 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:00 AM

Answers

• it is not an offtopic .if you look closely , i am asking for a windows based application here.

Hi,

I moved this issue because that you shared that this is a web project, and I found that you have edited it to windows based application.

I would recommend you just post the windows based application issue in another thread, but windows form forum is not the proper forum since it is for windows form controls and features and this issue is not related to any controls and any apis of windows form.

You could consider posting it to the following forums depends on the language you are using.

Vb.net :http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral

C#:http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=csharpgeneral

Regards.

Carl

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

For web development issues which are not supported in this forum, there is a more dedicated forum Https://forums.asp.net .

I recommend you post this issue in that forum to get supports.

Regards.

Carl

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:09 AM
  • it is not an offtopic .if you look closely , i am asking for a windows based application here.
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:15 AM

Hi,

I moved this issue because that you shared that this is a web project, and I found that you have edited it to windows based application.

I would recommend you just post the windows based application issue in another thread, but windows form forum is not the proper forum since it is for windows form controls and features and this issue is not related to any controls and any apis of windows form.

You could consider posting it to the following forums depends on the language you are using.

Vb.net :http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral

C#:http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=csharpgeneral

Regards.

Carl

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:38 AM
  • okies.Thanks for guiding.
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:35 AM