Money Plus password RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the Money Plus Deluxe and the Money signon will not accept my Microsoft login or password. I changed the password and that still did not work.
    Friday, December 13, 2019 4:17 PM

All replies

• There are several reasons why this happens.  To help you we need to know:

- what version of Money were you running before you downloaded Money Plus Deluxe?

- when your previous version was working, did you have a local password or were you using a Microsoft password that is linked to your email?

In any event, Money "remembers" the password that was in effect when you last accessed your Money.mny file.  Make sure that you write that password down because you will need it to get into your Money file.  You should also make sure that you have good backups of the Money.mny file that you last accessed.

Bill Becker

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:03 PM
  • Thank you Bill

Money 07 was what I had.  I was using the replacement until 2014 and have a MYMONEY.MN7 file. It is unlikely I had the ID tied to Microsoft back then. Is there a way to find the 'local' password?

Doug

Friday, December 13, 2019 10:36 PM
  • I believe that a MyMoney.mn7 file is a Money 99 backup.  Is that really your most recent file?  Somewhere on your computer you should have a Money.mny file.

What do you mean by "I was using the replacement until 2014"?  What replaced what?

You said that "the Money signon will not accept my Microsoft login or password", so I suspect that you were, in fact, using a password linked to your Microsoft account.  In that case, you should  open your Money.mny file with the version of Money that you have been successfully using and then remove the password.  Once you are up and running with Money Plus Deluxe you can add a local password if you think that a password is necessary.

To remove the existing password you will need the password that previously worked.  If you change your Microsoft password, Microsoft will know about it, but your Money program no longer communicates with Microsoft (the servers have been gone for a number of years), so Money will not know about the change.

And just to be sure that we understand your situation, did you download and install Money Plus Deluxe using the link in the second "sticky" thread in this forum?  And did you do the mnyob99.dll replacement as described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum?

Bill Becker

Saturday, December 14, 2019 1:13 AM
  • I believe that a MyMoney.mn7 file is a Money 99 backup.  Is that really your most recent file?  Somewhere on your computer you should have a Money.mny file.

I still use Money 99 and my backup files have always been .mbf.
    Saturday, December 14, 2019 2:16 PM
  • There is an automatic backup made during conversion of a Money file by and to a newer version. Also look for any *.m1? files. This command in a command window would look for the backups saved during a conversion of Money 2002 or later to a later version:

dir \*.m1?   /s

This would look for *.mny files and earlier conversionion backups.

dir \*.mn?   /s

This would look for both a the same time:

dir \*.m1? \*.mn?   /s

Ext  Version

*.m17 2008 plus
    *.m16 2007
    *.m15 2006
    *.m14 2005
    *.m12 2004
    *.m11 2003
    *.m10 2002
    *.mn9 2001