Having issues reinstalling windows 10 with a new computer and old hard drives RRS feed

• Question

• So I recently upgraded my entire computer accept for my hard drives, wanting to keep my old data. To preserve my old data, I deleted all of my drivers in the computer. However, I was told I would have to do a clean install anyway. I'm fine with that, and am willing to do that now. 

My issue is, I tried reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable usb, and it didn't quite work. 

I booted my system from the usb, and went to windows. I didn't have an activation key, because I lost the activation key that I got from 4 years ago. I picked the option "I don't have an activation key" and windows said I installed windows 10 sometine in october. I assumed this meant that windows had recognized that I had a legitimate copy and reinstalled after I chose windows 10 Pro 64bit. The problem is, when I restarted my computer, windows got stuck in a "getting ready" loop for an hour, and then gave me an error message stating that I would have to reinstall windows 10.

I haven't installed the motherboard drivers yet, as someone told me that I would have to install the operating system first.

Please help!

EDIT: so I got windows 10 to work and it's running, but I have no drivers for anything. Do I need to install the stuff on my motherboard's disc that came with it? Can I find drivers on the internet and install them from there?

• Edited by Joe89vgn Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:18 PM
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 9:52 PM