locked
No GUI when starting ildasm RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have tried it on various sized console applications.  The help text I receive is the same when I execute the program with a myapp.exe  or /?  or with no parameters.  Each way gives the same result.  I'm having a difficult time trying to track down an answer to this.  I have used a *.cmd file in a specific c:\cmd subdirectory I added to the path--then ildasm would execute from anywhere.  I added %1 %2 ... after the ...path\ildasm.exe when using none would not suffice.  I still got the same results.

    I have run Ildasm from it's native subdirectory including it's entire path (including quotation marks) but still have the same result.  The examples in the book I'm studying are all console apps however the author often uses ildasm in example situations.  The only thing I can think of that I may not have tried is adding the *.exe extension to the ildasm executable, which would defy all backward compatibility as far as I know.

    I downloaded reflector and it worked fine while the registration was valid.  I left a note this evening for the .Net Reflector folks asking whether there really is a "free" version of the software.  I couldn't find anything that was better than having a 14-day trial of the Pro version.  Ildasm has defied all I've tried (I'm a poetic geek).

    Thanks,  Mike

    Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:29 AM

Answers

  • Mike,

    I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question - this is a forum dedicated to the Bing Translator and Microsoft Translator user support.


    Vikram Dendi, Biz, Product Strategy & UX Lead
    Microsoft Translator
    Friday, April 23, 2010 5:35 AM