Proble with Import customizations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!, i have a problem , I have an development environment where i customize my application when i try to import that customizations into Productive environment the process dont finish, this  stop in 70%, i dont now why

Thanks

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:47 PM

Answers

• Does the import hang or do you get an error message?

Are you importing the .zip file or the .xml file?

The .zip imports quickly. .xml file causes problems with large customizations.

If the above does not solve your problem I would also suggest importing few entities at a time. Entities with dependencies sometimes also cause errors.

Hassan.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:08 PM

All replies

• Does the import hang or do you get an error message?

Are you importing the .zip file or the .xml file?

The .zip imports quickly. .xml file causes problems with large customizations.

If the above does not solve your problem I would also suggest importing few entities at a time. Entities with dependencies sometimes also cause errors.

Hassan.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:08 PM
  • Thanks for your answer, We imports .zip file, i tried to import few entities in this case de the status bar finish but never Ok button take focus. Normally we import all customizations in this case the status bar stop at 70%.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:19 PM
  • Have you applied the MS CRM 4.0 rollup? 

In cases when you never get control back the import actually completes. (Strange but true! It has happend to me). 
    Close the dialog and publish the customizations. You should be able to see the customizations on the Dev system.

Best of luck,
    Hassan.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:24 PM
  •  

thanks again, i tried this Close the dialog and publish the customizations but dont resolve de problem, i will try installing roll up, Do you advice the installation???
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:00 PM