Removing a PC from my Circle RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can't remove a PC from my circle and I now have 4 PC's showing as being in my circle, I suspect it may be that the PC I am trying to remove has an error showing that I need to update to IE7 which it will not let me do as the PC no longer exsists.  Any Ideas please.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 7:14 PM

Answers

• I moved your post to the Multi-PC Management topic folder. If you have rebooted the hub PC and still cannot remove the "ghost" PC entry from your Circle, getting an error when trying to do so, you can either try again at a later time or contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:29 PM
  • I contacted support from the link you put in and they sent me a REMOVAL TOOL which wiped Onecare clean and I then just had to set it up again and all was fine.

Many  thanks for your help

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:20 AM

All replies

• I moved your post to the Multi-PC Management topic folder. If you have rebooted the hub PC and still cannot remove the "ghost" PC entry from your Circle, getting an error when trying to do so, you can either try again at a later time or contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:29 PM
  • I contacted support from the link you put in and they sent me a REMOVAL TOOL which wiped Onecare clean and I then just had to set it up again and all was fine.

Many  thanks for your help

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:20 AM
  • Thanks for confirming that all is well. I assume that they had you remove and reinstall OneCare on the Hub and that allowed you to remove the other PC from the Circle listing.

-steve

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:53 PM
  • Yes thats correct Steve it worked a treat thanks for your help.

Ron

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:56 PM