Customer Portal Deployment Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We would really appreciate some guidance on this matter. 

So far we have installed the Customer Portal on an internal IIS server (the same server as our CRM installation).  Our website is hosted off site by an external hosting company.  Our aim is have the portal as a section of our website allowing clients to click and register their interest for events that we run.  What is the best way to go about this?  Is it a case of moving the portal installation over to our website hosting and then have the CRM as an IFD to allow our externally hosted website to 'talk' to it?

Please do let me know if I've got the wrong idea or if there is an easier/better way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:54 AM

Answers

• You can certainly do this, and I believe that the only supported way to do it is to enable IFD on your CRM deployment.  That said, be aware that the portal performance will suffer if you separate your portal from your CRM over the Internet.  That is usually why we either host our portals on premise with an on-prem CRM server or in Windows Azure with a CRM Online deployment.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

• Marked as answer by RoarCRM Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:28 AM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:47 PM