none
MCSM guidence? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Could anyone guide me about MCSM. i am completed my one MCSD windows store exam and preparing for other.

Could anyone suggest for next plan regarding MCSM?

whenever i check this link , i found all details regarding

MCSM Data platform , SharePoint , communication , messaging and directory services.

Where is next for me? a bit confusion regarding to it.

or i 'll have to choose one of these and at that stage, i ''ll have been prepared for that role..

Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• The MCSM range of certifications are designed for people at the "elite" end of technical expertise in a given technology.  Generally speaking, candidates for these certifications require at last 5-7 years of experience as the depth and breadth of knowledge required to pass the exam and associated lab is extensive.

Currently there is no MCSM certification for developers and I am unaware of any plans to release one.

To be able to provide any sort of "guidance" on what you should consider doing next, you would need to provide an overview of your technical experience for the last 3-5yrs.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:33 PM
  • ok i ve  some yrs experience in latest .net technologies and sql server.

i am presuming that MSFT will not publish a plan for it because it was missing in old MCM too.

So i could consider it as final.

But Mr. Wharty if we see in this link and scroll down then there is a section about Microsoft Certified  Architect - Solutions.

Please see.
    Friday, February 22, 2013 12:24 AM
  • The MCA certifications have been discontinued http://blogs.msdn.com/b/architectsrule/archive/2010/04/30/discontinuing-the-microsoft-infrastructure-and-solutions-architect-certification.aspx.  These certifications were also not related to developing.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:28 AM