Problem registering RRS feed

• Question

• I have spent couple of hours reading the questions and answers to many problems with the OneCare. I has been said before that before purchasing anything one should try to obtain information regarding issues with the product to be purchased. Well, too late now. Information on this forum is not complementary to MS. It appears to me that the only service is coming from Steve. Thank you Steve. 

I've purchased my copy from a local office supplies store, installed it and went to register online. Got my Windows Live ID and password but can not activate subsription. I am taken to the page that has Subscribe Now and Activate a Token. When activating tthe token (product key) I am getting message 8059. I am in the loop. In addition, OneCare protection for my system will expire in 14 days, according to OneCare.

Steve, I tried a number of your recommendations but so far I can not get the required activation. Your comments please.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:55 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the complements for me, but you do need to remember that forums are where people come when they have a problem or a complaint more often than to pay complements.

Error 8059 typically means that your key has already been used to activate a subscription. Of course, since you just purchased this from a local office supply, it may mean that your key is a duplicate. If you received the 8059 error immediately upon your first attempt with entering the key, that would be the most likely reason. To confirm this, you'd need to contact support. You can also see if the store will exchange OneCare for another copy. Before you do either, though, I suggest signing in at http://billing.microsoft.com to verify that you did not create a subscription, though I suspect this is not the case.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 7:17 PM