product key RRS feed

• Question

• i have been asked swveral times to enter my product key. Ihave tried to enter this 25 character key located at the bottom of my laptop but it is invslid. I use windows vista. What must I do?
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hello sapodilla,

The product key on the bottom of the laptop is for Vista.  It is not expected to work to convert a Trial installation of Office to a perpetually licensed installation.

You will have to buy an Office license (in the form of a product key) in order to continue to use Office with full functionality.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, July 19, 2010 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hello sapodilla,

The product key on the bottom of the laptop is for Vista.  It is not expected to work to convert a Trial installation of Office to a perpetually licensed installation.

You will have to buy an Office license (in the form of a product key) in order to continue to use Office with full functionality.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, July 19, 2010 2:08 AM
  • That Is preposterous, that i have purchased a lap top with the windows vista pro, the freaking product codes should be valid and supplied correctly. what is microsofts problem ill tell you scamy bastards like harvy norman!!!
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 12:12 PM
  • "grumpy guss" wrote in message news:439d9ecb-fe50-40de-92bf-f1d177d023e8...
    That Is preposterous, that i have purchased a lap top with the windows vista pro, the freaking product codes should be valid and supplied correctly. what is microsofts problem ill tell you scamy bastards like harvy norman!!!

Please repost your problem with an MGADiag report in your OWN, New, thread.
    What is the product licensed on the PC according to the COA Sticker on the base (or in the battery compartment)?
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:37 PM
  • ya right..Actually i have same problem wth product key

So post your MGADiag report in your OWN, New, thread - or are you saying that you have been trying to activate an Office Trial with your Windows Key?
    Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, August 9, 2010 8:55 AM