Microsoft Project Server Calculation Service 2013 events services Use RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

Can any one please tell me what is the use of these two services in project server 2013.

Microsoft Project Server Calculation Service 2013

Microsoft Project Server Events Service 2013

i know Microsoft Project Server Queue Service 2013 : it will be use full for project jobs such  as save , publish checking checkout .....

Thank You, Kumar KSV

Thursday, July 2, 2015 6:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Kumar:

The calculation service is what calculates projects when you edit them on the web. The event service is exactly what its name says it is.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Monday, July 6, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Thank you

Can you Please tell me Calculates Projects means what it will do & Event service how it will be useful.

Can you please tell me  If Queue service is stooped then  we cannot save , publish projects or submit time sheet etc ....  these activities cannot be performed all the Queue jobs will be stopped,

like that if the Calculation & event service is stooped then where the Impact will come.

Thank You, Kumar KSV

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:08 PM
  • Kumar:

The calculation service calculates your schedule when you edit it online. I can't explain it better than that. The eventing service fires off events that you can trap in custom code. It supports custom development and the internal code as well. The Queue service process many but not all jobs. Save and Publish are processed by the Queue, Timesheets are not.

If you turn off any of these services, Project Server is dead.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 8:51 PM