This copy of windows is not genuine, build 7601 RRS feed

• Question

•                 Question           
                    Microsoft reports my copy of windows 7 is not genuine, build 7601 but I know I have a genuine copy.
    I purchased my computer approx 18 months ago from a major Computer Company who have gone bust since!! My copy of Win7 64 bit was an OEM version complete with DVD and  Certificate. In the initial installation my product key code was activated successfully but I had to re-install windows7 sometime later.
    Now I have a black background to my desktop and in bottom right corner a notice about my copy not being genuine. I note that Control Panel, System, Windows activation records Status and Product ID as not available.

Can anybody help?

my product id:00426-OEM-8992662-00400

Please help me

thanks

kathirvel

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:06 PM

Answers

• MGA Diagnostic Report Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:11 PM

All replies

• MGA Diagnostic Report Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:11 PM
  • dear sir/madam,

I have original window 7 on my laptop. IT was workign fine, but oneday suddenly it start giving the following message

"windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine"

Can you please help me out to resolve the same.

Thanks

kathirvel

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:27 PM
  • Please stick to your original thread here....

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/957e0650-ba0c-432b-ae4c-07addd4d77e8

(locking this thread)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:15 PM
  • Threads merged

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:10 PM