Missing posts RRS feed

• Question

• I have searched the Forums and the suggestion was in future to post such a query here.

The answer last year was that the missing posts would be in My Threads or in My Forum Threads.

Ever sinceI upgraded to VB2010 Express and Win7(x64) last month I have been trying to solve some problems but my posts keep going missing.  The latest is called Picturebox flicker.  The original post is not in My Threads but in My Alerts but that does not contain any answers.  In the summary there is reference to a reply.  Clicking on the Responders link. I can see his first answer.  I posted a response to that but it went missing and he responded to that.  I then posted again but that went missing but I think he responded as the date of his response in the summary changed but I cannot find it.  So I tried again predicting that the post went missing.  It did.  On another thread, I posted three days running only for all of them to dissappear.  However, a week later all three reappeared!

If I cannot see answers and my posts go missing, what use are the Forums?  Have you any idea what I am doing wrong. 

regards

Colin Reid

Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:41 PM

All replies

• Can you include some URLs with these threads that dont' have posts that you expect to see?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, November 1, 2010 5:25 AM
  • I have two immediately.  This one as I could not see your reply until today (and the fact that there is a reply does not show on MyThreads page and indeed the post itself did not appear until about two weeks after I posted it).

The second is

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/d3f8a15c-5e96-4565-a1ae-ab3cfaf0b917

A classic case are the posts of 12th and 13th October.  I was not lying when I posted on 13th and yet a reply was posted on 12th.  I could see neither until today!  Whats the  betting on not being able to see this post and any replies for about two weeks - which somewhat diminishes the value of forums.  I use them extensively not just for posts/queries but for supplementing the utterly hopeless Help system in Visual Basic 2010 Express. 

regards

Colin Reid

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:29 PM
  • I posted a response with 2 URLs on 3rd November bt it has dissappeared.  What is going on?

regards

Colin Reid

Friday, November 5, 2010 2:01 PM
  • Whats the  betting on not being able to see this post and any replies for about two weeks - which somewhat diminishes the value of forums.

This one is in your less active profile.   What I think may be a more significant symptom is the number of points that are shown (8?) for the amount of activity that there has been in both of your profiles.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, November 5, 2010 3:11 PM
  • I know I have answered this a week ago but I cannot see it or any replies.  Odds on that I will not be able to see this tommorrow. Hopeless

regards

Colin Reid

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Following my post on 3rd November,  I was not able to see any of the reponses until 25th.  What am I doing wrong?

regards

Colin Reid

Friday, November 26, 2010 3:56 PM