windows live crashed my computer RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to try windows one care before buying it so I installed a trail version. It installed with no problems but when it shut down it would not reboot. I can't even get it to boot up in safe mode so I can uninstall the software. Someone please tell me what I need to do in order to gain control of my computer again.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:47 AM (From:Windows Live Onecare Startup Cleaner)
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:32 AM

Answers

• Send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@msn.com and i will help you contact support.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:55 AM

All replies

• Send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@msn.com and i will help you contact support.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:55 AM
  • Your symptoms are a classic case of a conflict with other security software that is preventing the PC from booting. It may be due to another reason, but that's the most likely one.
    Contacting support for help is probably the best path at this point, though you can also repair Windows following the instructions here:
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:30 PM