none
Hi good morning every body RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My name is varma.I have query about the certification that is presently i am working on .net platform.so can anybody tell me to choose the exam on asp.net with c# certification. Present i didnt done any cerification.And i have an exp on .net with 2 years.

So anybody tell what are the exam no's i am going to choose and what are the levels of MCPD,MCTS. Actually i am seeing the website but in there so many papers with diff modules how can i choose that one http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

So some body should tell me that one.

Monday, December 13, 2010 5:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Jagadish,

welcome to MSDN forums. First of asll, the page you found is a little outdated. Maybe you want to have a closer look at this page instead:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx

First you should decide, which technology you want to do your exams on. In my eyes, the exams for Visual Studio 2010 are first choice. That way ou have less exams to take (ok, you can get a quick MCPD in 3.5 but you will miss a lot of core technologies so I would always suggest to go for the MCPD Enterprise Application 3.5 if you choose the 3.5 path.)

So the exam you want to look at is the 70-515 one. After this exam you directly are MCTS in ASP.Net.

In case you want to get the same in Visual Studio 2008, you have to take 70-536 and 70-562.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:04 AM
    Answerer
  •  

Hi Jagdish

As Konrad suggested. I would also suggest you that you Get

MCPD-EA 3.5 certified. Actually it is a set of five exams

Covering WEB/Windows/PATTERNS etc.

List of Exams

70-505-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Windows.

70-561-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Application Development

70-562-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development C#

70-565-Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications Using the Microsoft

70-567-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 ASP.NET Application Development

I am with accenture/avanade for quiete a while now and can feel the pressue these firms are putting on their employees to complete these certifications.

Going for this exam is one of the best way to Get certified

Hope it Helps

Thanks Priyank Piyush
    Monday, December 13, 2010 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Jagadish,

welcome to MSDN forums. First of asll, the page you found is a little outdated. Maybe you want to have a closer look at this page instead:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx

First you should decide, which technology you want to do your exams on. In my eyes, the exams for Visual Studio 2010 are first choice. That way ou have less exams to take (ok, you can get a quick MCPD in 3.5 but you will miss a lot of core technologies so I would always suggest to go for the MCPD Enterprise Application 3.5 if you choose the 3.5 path.)

So the exam you want to look at is the 70-515 one. After this exam you directly are MCTS in ASP.Net.

In case you want to get the same in Visual Studio 2008, you have to take 70-536 and 70-562.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:04 AM
    Answerer
  •  

Hi Jagdish

As Konrad suggested. I would also suggest you that you Get

MCPD-EA 3.5 certified. Actually it is a set of five exams

Covering WEB/Windows/PATTERNS etc.

List of Exams

70-505-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Windows.

70-561-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Application Development

70-562-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development C#

70-565-Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications Using the Microsoft

70-567-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 ASP.NET Application Development

I am with accenture/avanade for quiete a while now and can feel the pressue these firms are putting on their employees to complete these certifications.

Going for this exam is one of the best way to Get certified

Hope it Helps

Thanks Priyank Piyush
    Monday, December 13, 2010 5:34 PM