Install Windows Home Server 2011 with out network connection. RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to install Windows Home Server 2011, but I would like to install without a network connection.  Is there any way to install with out network access?
    Friday, April 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Answers

• I would like to install Windows Home Server 2011, but I would like to install without a network connection.  Is there any way to install with out network access?
    In a word, no. System requirements for installing Windows Home Server 2011 state clearly that the product requires a wired connection to a router; this includes the installation of the product.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Monday, April 7, 2014 4:21 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 4:21 PM

All replies

• What do you want to do with a server that does not have a network connection?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, April 5, 2014 12:40 AM
  • I don't see why you would not be able to install WHS 2011 using the DVD without network access. Aside from Phil's sensible question, what is the issue you're running into with installing from a DVD?
    Saturday, April 5, 2014 7:22 AM
  • Phil, I simply would like to install the OS with out the server being connected to a network. It will of course be attached to a network after the install is complete.  The install process will not complete with the default selections if the network cable is not plugged in.  Are there settings/options that I can select to install the OS with the network disconnected?

Sunday, April 6, 2014 9:00 PM
  • Not as far as I am aware. What's the problem installing with a network connectiom?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, April 6, 2014 10:24 PM
    In a word, no. System requirements for installing Windows Home Server 2011 state clearly that the product requires a wired connection to a router; this includes the installation of the product.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Monday, April 7, 2014 4:21 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 4:21 PM