Licensing Service/ Control panel / Windows Update / Powershell problems RRS feed

• Question

• This problems been twisting my brain inside out for the last few days.

Firstly, the Diagnostic Tool to give you information will not give me a copy to paste here. It returns an error : hr = 0x8007000d

Now, the control panel not working is what I was working on to start. Shortly after that I found out the Windows Update does not work.

I removed a boat load of Malware and Trojans from the computer but that did not resolve the issue.

Next I've run scans all over the place to find any additional malware that might be present, none have returned and finds.

I tried doing a repair install of windows but the install will not start because Powershell is apparently installed on the computer. I can not remove Powershell in regular mode Windows as the CONTROL PANEL DOES NOT WORK.

I went into safe mode and tried to find Powershell... btw Control panel works in Safe Mode... yeah... there is no listing of powershell in either the updates or installed programs areas of Programs and Features. So, I am stumped as to what to do, other then find a gun and put the Dell ____ out of its misery.
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:20 PM

Answers

• "Removed a boat load of Malware and Trojans" is fine except it will not repair the damage to the system files caused by the intrusion of malware.  You should backup your files, reformat the hard drive and perform a "clean install" of your Windows operating system.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, February 22, 2010 8:50 PM