How to customize crm contact entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have setup dynamic CRM in O365. Now i want to add 200+ contacts in CRM. I have one typical scenario here. I want to maintain last 4yrs financial details  for all the contacts. How to customize  contact entity for this. I want to know how to create a column for Fy year (I know how to create a custom column in crm but here This number updates each year.  May want to allow for multiple entries for previous years in order to show history of data.) How to do this.

Thanks

Monday, July 21, 2014 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Sai,

Considering your requirement, I would suggest creating a custom entity called "Financial Details" (or whatever best suits the name) and have a N:1 relationship with Contact (N Financial Details:1 Contact). This would facilitate maintaining Financial details for multiple years and also multiple entries per year of required. You could have a column called "Year" in Financial Details Entity that shows the relevant year. Every year, like you say, there will be a new number - so you could simply create a new record and associate it with the Contact. Simply by going to the associated view from the Contact would give you a list of all records of Financial Details.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, July 21, 2014 11:56 AM
  • Hello,

I have created a custom entity with name Annual sales and created N:1 relationship with contact entity. Then i didnt understood what to do after this. Sorry i am a newbie to CRM. Please explain me the procedure. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:29 PM
  • Hi,

For all the financial details that you wish to maintain for each year, you can create a an Annual Sales record and associate that with the Contact record. Whatever details you need to store for each Annual Sales, you could create attributes in the Annual Sales entity and store them there.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:05 PM
  • You have already added lookup of contact now in Annual Sales entity create two fields:-

1. Year Type = Picklist Options 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 etc

2. Annual Sale Type = Currency

Make name field which is created with the entity as non mandatory. You can concatenate the values in above two fields into name field. Now add a grid of Annual sales on contact form.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Hello Faisal,

I have created Year Type and Currency Entity in Annual Sales entity. I checked for grid option but it is not there, but there is an option to insert sub-grid it is not working

Thanks

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:53 PM