Outlook 2010 Error creating Personal Folder RRS feed

• General discussion

• I can't get outlook 2010 to allow me to add in a personal folder. There are three ways in which to do this-

1.- Inside outlook through account settings

-Start outlook click File in top left

-Account Settings button

-Account Settings item

-Data Files tab

-Add

Here's where I get the first error "An unknown error occurred, error code:0x80070002." At this point you can only click OK and it will keep doing this.

2.- Inside outlook through New Items

-Start in Home tab

-Click New Items

-More Items

-Outlook Data File at the bottom

Here I get another error "Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct." Again this error will repeat itself.

3.- Through control panel

-User Accounts

-Mail (32-bit)

-Data Files

-Add

Here the error from the first method is displayed again...

I've tried multiple re-installs, I've rolled back to 2007 and done and upgrade which didn't help. I've checked around online and no one seems to have a documented solution.

I'm going to be doing a software update for 50+ users soon and need a solution. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:17 PM

All replies

• I am getting the exact same errors...On all three scenarios...Is there any fix for this??
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:17 PM
  • I to am experiencing this after a domain migration where we pointed the windows user profle via the registry PROFILELIST profile path, we redireted the new domain user path to the old user account profile folder. I am seeing this in XP and w7 64bit and 32bit.

I am in the middle of a 30 plus migration now. any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:44 PM