none
How to create a build definition in visual studio online that runs a custom executable? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having a project which i want to build and run some static tools as part of the build process in visual studio online.

How can one add a custom executable in the build process step in visual studio online. An Example would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Komal.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:46 AM

All replies

• Hi komal436,

Thanks for posting here.

>>>How to create a build definition in visual studio online that runs a custom executable?

AFAIK, you could add a command line task in the build process step in Visual Studio Online to run a custom executable. Check following document for details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/build-release/tasks/utility/command-line?view=vsts

Besides, if above not match your request, I suggest that you can open a new thread on the stackoverflow with VSTS tag. Since this forum is about MSBuild and VSTS forum on MSDN was locked.

If you have some MSBuild questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:54 AM