Will overseas validation be an issue? RRS feed

• Question

• Just received orders sending me to Korea. Before I leave the USA, I plan to purchase a Z68-based motherboard and an OEM copy of Win 7 Pro 64. I'll buy the rest of the rig by mail order from the States once I'm settled in Korea. How can I avoid validation issues since I'll be using a Korean ISP with my USA-based hardware and software?
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:32 PM

Answers

• "bitmechanic" wrote in message news:95a98342-6bb3-48c8-a670-8c54c2291222...
    Just received orders sending me to Korea. Before I leave the USA, I plan to purchase a Z68-based motherboard and an OEM copy of Win 7 Pro 64. I'll buy the rest of the rig by mail order from the States once I'm settled in Korea. How can I avoid validation issues since I'll be using a Korean ISP with my USA-based hardware and software?

It shouldn’t be a problem – US Keys are valid worldwide.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:03 AM
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:07 AM

All replies

• "bitmechanic" wrote in message news:95a98342-6bb3-48c8-a670-8c54c2291222...
    Just received orders sending me to Korea. Before I leave the USA, I plan to purchase a Z68-based motherboard and an OEM copy of Win 7 Pro 64. I'll buy the rest of the rig by mail order from the States once I'm settled in Korea. How can I avoid validation issues since I'll be using a Korean ISP with my USA-based hardware and software?

It shouldn’t be a problem – US Keys are valid worldwide.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:03 AM
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:07 AM
  • Many thanks for the information! I'll post an update once I build the system and attempt validation.
    bitmechanic
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:35 AM
  • Hope you didn't purchase your OEM copy of Windows 7 from an auction web site such as eBay which is notorious for selling counterfeit software.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:41 AM
  • Thanks for reminding forum users about the dangers of counterfeit software. I've spent some time in the computer security trenches, so I'd never even consider purchasing software from a web auction. In fact, I don't even buy "branded" OEM software. I don't know if it's legit to purchase and install, say, a Dell-branded OEM copy of an operating system. However, even though branded OEM software is cheaper, pride would keep me from loading a disk that says the system was built by Dell when  *  I  *  am the system designer and builder!
    bitmechanic
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:35 PM