How to develop in Dynamics CRM? RRS feed

• Question

• At my organization, I'm working on a cloud based application that delivers information to sales team in the Dynamics CRM. It's required to build a UI in Dynamics CRM or integrate a UI with Dynamics.

Is this possible? If so, can anyone link me to any good resources on the matter or provide me with any information you feel would be relevant? I've been doing a lot of research but haven't found anything about how to develop in Dynamics (programming languages, development framework for both UI (native vs HTML/hybrid) and backend changes).

Thanks a lot.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:41 PM

All replies

• At my organization, I'm working on a cloud based application that delivers information to sales team in the Dynamics CRM. It's required to build a UI in Dynamics CRM or integrate a UI with Dynamics.

Is this possible? If so, can anyone link me to any good resources on the matter or provide me with any information you feel would be relevant? I've been doing a lot of research but haven't found anything about how to develop in Dynamics (programming languages, development framework for both UI (native vs HTML/hybrid) and backend changes).

Thanks a lot.

Hi Huypho, 

your question maybe a bit board, I am also a beginner of Dynamic CRM, but I think it may be good to share my experience on this Domain

1. for UI: it really depends on how you deploy the CRM or more precisely how do you utilize it. if you only need a in-house CRM system(no client interacted), then you may no need to develop UI, current CRM UI should be good enough for your needs or if it is publicly face, need all customer interactions, then more unique, friendly front end may be a good option,
    2. Developer Center Link; Tutorial may be a good start, 
    3. you could active trail version for 30 days to give you a taste on CRM online which is Cloud version, Dynamic CRM does provide on-promises option which need quite a bit infrastructure setup before you do actual development, so if online satisfy your needs, then you should not bother with online version
    4. you may also need to download the CRM SDK currently with speaking it is version 7.1, it update very frequently, it does contain lots of sample code as well, 
    5. feel free post your post or IM me for your concerns, but may be read a little more in the forum as generic/broad question may be have been answered million times, and they are easily be ignored as Gurus are more focus on more technical or details question
    6. so, enjoy your CRM world!
    Friday, July 24, 2015 12:21 AM
  • You can customise dynamics crm pretty much infinitely.

To the point of completely replacing the standard front end.

You could actually write an asp.net application which used the dynamics crm services and completely replace everything.

Or an installed windows application, for that matter.

So yes, you can do pretty much whatever you like.

Your first choice ought to be just tweaking what you get out the box though.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328027.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328235.aspx

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45022

I would also buy a book or two.
    The unleashed and ms dynamics step by step were good for previous versions, I don't see them for 2015.

Friday, July 24, 2015 1:09 PM