Trouble getting support RRS feed

• Question

• 1) Is this forum really the only place where I can try to get support or make a suggestion?

Is support really only available in english? (believe it or not: some people outside US speak other languages...)

2) Why are questions unanswered for several weeks? Why does a post of me get moved without informing me?

3) I posted a suggestion in marketplace forum and was told to post it in suggestions forum. When I did so, it got removed to marketplace forum. Still noone seems to take care of giving my report about an obvious translation fault in the german faq and my wish/suggestion about additional payment methods to someone who can take care (at least of correcting the faq).

Anybody out there?

Friday, May 7, 2010 11:13 PM

Answers

• Other folks here might post answers to your questions, but, after spending quite alot of time in this forum, here's my take on how things work around here:

1) Yes this is the only place where you can get support or make a suggestion about the Marketplace, unless you have actually managed to purchase software from the marketplace (in which case you would have access to a support form). 

Microsoft currently supports an English Windows Phone forum and has recently added a Dutch Windows Phone forum .  I think Microsoft plans to roll out other language forums in the future.

2) The Microsoft MVP and Microsoft folks who volunteer their time in these forums attempt to answer questions in a timely manner.  If a question is not answered, it is either because we don't know the answer to it, or we are unable to share NDA information or for some other reason like that.

We don't move posts often, and you can always find your posts by clicking on your name and reviewing the activity page.  We move posts if they are clearly posted to the wrong forum or if we believe a question will get higher visibility in another forum.

3) Since your posts dealt with functionality that was not available in your marketplace, it makes sense to post it in the suggestion forums, where they will get higher visibility from Microsoft.  I know that Microsoft reviews suggestion forum posts regularly and some suggestions do get incorporated into future updates, but it would be unrealistic to expect quick response to posts that suggest new functionality of a service.

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices | http://pocketprimer.com
    • Marked as answer by DrBakterius Saturday, May 8, 2010 10:58 AM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:41 AM

All replies

• Other folks here might post answers to your questions, but, after spending quite alot of time in this forum, here's my take on how things work around here:

1) Yes this is the only place where you can get support or make a suggestion about the Marketplace, unless you have actually managed to purchase software from the marketplace (in which case you would have access to a support form). 

Microsoft currently supports an English Windows Phone forum and has recently added a Dutch Windows Phone forum .  I think Microsoft plans to roll out other language forums in the future.

2) The Microsoft MVP and Microsoft folks who volunteer their time in these forums attempt to answer questions in a timely manner.  If a question is not answered, it is either because we don't know the answer to it, or we are unable to share NDA information or for some other reason like that.

We don't move posts often, and you can always find your posts by clicking on your name and reviewing the activity page.  We move posts if they are clearly posted to the wrong forum or if we believe a question will get higher visibility in another forum.

3) Since your posts dealt with functionality that was not available in your marketplace, it makes sense to post it in the suggestion forums, where they will get higher visibility from Microsoft.  I know that Microsoft reviews suggestion forum posts regularly and some suggestions do get incorporated into future updates, but it would be unrealistic to expect quick response to posts that suggest new functionality of a service.

• Marked as answer by DrBakterius Saturday, May 8, 2010 10:58 AM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:41 AM
  • Thx a lot for the answer!

If someone from MS reads this, I'd like to say (referring to the info above):

1)Dutch? I'd have guessed spanish, chinese, french or german to be the languages to follow next.... Well, just a thought...^^

Anyway MS should learn that support in the native language means a lot to customers. If I knew, I had to remember my school english (from 25 years ago) in order to ask a simple question, I might rather have bought an Apple or Nokia device.

Marketplace support for people who have not even been able to buy there would surely make sense.

2) + 3) Why has my suggestion been removed from this forum, then? I first put it into marketplace forums, where they told me to put it to suggestion forum and when I did, they moved it back to marketplace forum.

Btw. the false information in the german faq is an essential one and should urgently be corrected. I informed myself about marketplace before I bought the phone and if I knew the only payment option there is cc,... well, see 1). I luckily found a german online shop to buy some apps, but I guess the idea behind marketplace was to enable all WM users to easily buy apps via phone and internet from one central place. Now I have to search the Inet where (and even if)  I can get them somewhere else. Most developers seem to sell exclusively via marketplace.... :(

Saturday, May 8, 2010 10:58 AM
  • The timing & priority of other language forums has not been announced.

What software are you looking for?  At this time, I'd say the larger percentage of windows mobile software is NOT sold in the Marketplace.  Many developers sell their software both directly from their own website and from the marketplace.  I've downloaded free software from the Marketplace, but I haven't purchased any software there mostly because the quality software that I see there I have already purchased some place else and , I am not impressed by most of the other software I see there - much of it looks like superficial, fluffy applications that I have no interest in.  I also tend to purchase software directly from the developer's website, so if I see an interesting application there, I'll usually go out and find it on the developer's site.  But there are also other windows mobile application stores that host a lot more software than what you'll find in the Marketplace. 

I think Microsoft is ramping up the Marketplace for the WM7 devices that will only be able to purchase software from the Marketplace (these devices will be hitting the market towards the end of the year).  Since you don't have a WM7 phone, you are not limited to the Marketplace and you should be able to find lots of other shopping options for software in other places on the web.

I don't recall the thread you are referring to that was moved from one forum to another.  When I view your threads it seems you are getting replies to them, so what is the problem?

Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:44 PM