Limiting Contract Customers to Account only RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

is it possibly to limit the Customer lookup on the Contract form in CRM 2013?

We have a customer who wants to be able to select only Accounts and no Contact records (they want to deactivate this function).

Is it possible to do this in Standard version and if not, does anyone know a good custom solution?

The second question is, can you define the "New" button to also create Account records?

It is now in Standard version only possible to quick-add Contact records, which to me seems a bit strange since Contracts in the most cases belong to Accounts.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Love Lundquist
    CRM Consultant
    PROLAN Datensysteme GmbH
    Berlin

Monday, March 10, 2014 1:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Love,

This snippet should restrict your lookup to only accounts

Xrm.Page.getControl("customerid").setDefaultView("A9AF0AB8-861D-4CFA-92A5-C6281FED7FAB");

A9AF0AB8-861D-4CFA-92A5-C6281FED7FAB is the GUID of the Account Lookup View.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, March 10, 2014 3:10 PM
  • Hello,

thanks for your suggestion. After trying it out, with a successfull alert after the snippet, I still have a lookup-field that looks like this: 

My goal is to remove the Contact selection here.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Love Lundquist
    CRM Consultant
    PROLAN Datensysteme GmbH
    Berlin

• Edited by Prolun Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:15 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Anupam Bishui Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:22 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Anupam Bishui Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hi Love,

Can you try out this code snippet?

document.getElementById("customerid").setAttribute("lookuptypes", "1"); 

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:22 AM
  • Hello again,

after some extensive testing it seems like this is not longer possible in 2013.

Is there no supported way to change this behavior?

Thankful for answers,

Best Regards

Love Lundquist
    CRM Consultant
    PROLAN Datensysteme GmbH
    Berlin

• Edited by Prolun Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:53 AM
  • Hello again,

we found a solution in JS to have a notification to block the possibility to add Contacts as Customers on Contracts.
    But our Customer was not satisfied with that so they decided to let it be like it is.

Can somebody try to answer the second question I have:

Is it possible to change the "quick add" functionality to change it from adding contacts to adding accounts?
    And why is the Contact entity default and not the Account? Isn't more normal to work with Account records together with Contracts?

Maybe someone from Microsoft could shed some light on this topic?

Best Regards

Love Lundquist
    CRM Consultant
    PROLAN Datensysteme GmbH
    Berlin

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:24 AM
  • Here is a blog I found http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2013/10/15/new-capabilities-in-crm-lookups.aspx that explains the new lookup behaviour and it appears this is by design and cannot be changed using available supported customizations methods

You could use the Global Create button to quickly create the new account and then type it in the customer lookup for it to auto search. Guess a few more clicks but could be a workaround in this case

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:59 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Hi,
    try with:
    1) hide the standard lookup
    2) add a new lookup pointing only to account entity
    3) with a business rule copy the value from the new lookup to the standard one

in this way the user can select only accounts and the standard views contain the right value

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:09 AM
  • Thanks for your answers,

I have read this blog post Sam and I hoped that it was added as a functionality in later releases in CRM Online.

And to Guido, I offered this solution to the Customer before but the estimate was to high to realize it unfortunately.

Best regards

Love Lundquist
    CRM Consultant
    Prolan Datensysteme GmbH
    Berlin

Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:50 PM