Error to connect SQL on instalation of Dynamics CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 accessing SQL server 2008 working.

I restored a backup of the databases of our 2011 system into a SQL server 2012. Now I'm trying to install the Dynamics CRM 2013 into a new virtual machine with windows 2012. I have placed all parameters, when I go to select the deplyment option it shows my SQL server 2012 with the instance I have it in, I select that and also select the option connect to an existent deployment. At the system check, all succeed except the SQL server which gives me the following error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
    The network path was not found

I'm able to connect the sql server using management studio from other computer. I have already tried to disable the windows firewall on the sql server and still wasn't enable to get through.

Any sugestion? 

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:29 PM

All replies

• You'll need to install CRM 2013 as a new instance and then upgrade your database by importing it via the deployment wizard.  You can not connect a CRM 2013 installation to a crm 2011 database.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, December 14, 2013 6:04 PM