CRM 2011 - Multi-language support. (but the required Language pack is not available) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need to design a CRM 2011 application and that should support English and another language which does not have any language pack.

how to proceed further?

Thought of using any available language pack (say French) and change the French labels to the required language.

For the Custom entities, I can manage with ‘Export /Import translation’ of my own solution.

For the System entities (Account, Contact … etc.), again ‘Export/Import translation’ of the default solution

But how to change the CRM menus/Area names/Ribbon, How to show those menus in the correct language based on user preference.

Also how to change the Installed language name from French to my desired language name in the FileàOptionàLanguage Selection boxes?  Need to know where exactly Microsoft stores these information.

Any idea would be helpful

Regards

MSK.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

All system items like tabs, buttons and so on would be translated automatically. In case you will add own controls to Ribbon you will have to add multilanguage support to your controls. The best idea is usage of Ribbon Workbench.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:24 PM
  • Thanks

"All system items like tabs, buttons and so on would be translated automatically"  - How ?  I don't have the language pack, also tell me how/where to provide the translation for those menus?

Regards

MSK

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Obviously you should install Language packs first.

My blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:45 PM
  • No, CRM 2011 does not have the required language pack , so that I thought of using French language pack and change the labels. Can you please ready my initial question and answer me ? I am sorry if my initial question is confusing you.

MSK

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:01 PM
  • Sorry for confusion. I read initial message wrong. In case there is no language pack you can use other language pack as a basis but some of labels just could not be translated because that labels are stored at Resource file in CRM. The only way to get language pack for your language is to leave your suggestion on Connect website and wait what will product team say.

My blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Many thanks for your help. I will request through Connect website.

Are  system "Menus/Area names/ Ribbons" language stored in the CRM Resource file,  which we can not change?

MSK

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:55 AM
  • Are  system "Menus/Area names/ Ribbons" language stored in the CRM Resource file,  which we can not change?
    Yes.

My blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:04 PM