monthly payment option for onecare subscription RRS feed

• Question

• is there a payment plan available for onecare sub. or do i have to pay it all at once

• Moved by ashawani_dubey Friday, June 12, 2009 6:36 AM not related to bookmark (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 10:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hey there! U had me curious by your ?. Looked into it a little & couldn't find any kind of what u r asking. I did find out that there is a grace period after expiration of about 30 days before it goes into reduced functionality mode.
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 10:58 PM
  • thank you for your relp my question was based on this FAQ help section

Because Windows Live OneCare is a subscription-based service, we require users to use their Windows Live ID (The e-mail address and password that you use to sign in to Windows Live programs and services such as Windows Live Hotmail and Windows Live Messenger; Microsoft services such as Xbox, MSN, and Office Live; and anywhere else that you see the Windows Live ID logo.) to activate their subscription. For more information about Windows Live ID, see Find Help for Windows Live ID.

If you downloaded OneCare from the Windows Live OneCare website, you must purchase a subscription before the trial period ends to continue to receive updates and to have access to all the features of OneCare.

when i pulled up the information on windows live id it had subscription for 9.95 per month... but from what i gather i have to purchase the 44.95 for onecare 
    seperate... not sure what to do... i stopped using norton
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:17 AM
  • I responded incorrectly by repling 2 the e-mail sent me. I do not use the service, but from what I can gather u were paying 4 the monthly packages. And from what I gather, yes, u must pay the $44.95 2 continue, which isn't a bad price 4 what they do & that carries for 6 months. But, I hope that u didn't leave yourself unprotected. If your Norton is expired u will have 2 resort 2 something till u can get the OneCare.  http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html  Download the free edition, install, update, & under preferences/options choose 2 have start with Windows. I know personally this is a nice free program. Here is another 1, that I've heard good reviews on, though I haven't tried it http://www.malwarebytes.org/   Do the same if u choose to download this 1. Remember, these should only b used as a temp thing until u can get OneCare, which is a proven & full security suite. B very carefull as there r some real nasties out there.
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:55 AM
  • Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (Microsoft > Forums Home > Windows Live OneCare Forums > Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate > One Care subscription) forum located here:  (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareofftopic/thread/aea4b487-2ff4-4382-8c75-2fb67b5fc513/).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards
    Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:35 AM