none
VB script not running command line when started via API RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask the question, but I'll ask anyways.

I have a VB script that runs some things via command line.  When I run the script locally on the server, it runs fine.  When I use an API to start the script, everything runs fine EXCEPT for the command line pieces.  In the logs, I can see everything being processed but it doesn't appear to run the command line portion.  I can tell this because it is supposed to make modifications on the server itself and the changes have not been made.  I thought maybe it was a permission issue, but when I try running the script locally with the Admin account, the System account or with the account that is logged as starting the script when the API starts it (WriteLog(Environment.UserName) the script works.  

I have attempted to log all the output from the command prompt and again, when run locally, it is all logged.  From the API, there is nothing in the log about the command line portion.  I'm not sure why just the command line portions are not being run.  There are SQL queries and other things in the same script that run fine.

Any help with what I may be missing is appreciated.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This is not correct forum, what are you doing in the script which can help in determining the proper forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:37 AM
  • Hi Karen,

I am trying to determine why my VB script will run everything within it except for command prompt commands when initiated from a API.  Running the script manually, everything runs.  I'm not sure if using an API requires some kind of parameters within the script to allow cmd line to run correctly.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:07 PM