Exam 70-556 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    As far as I know, performance point server is going to disappear as a standalone product after SP3 in June 2009, to be integrated in Sharepoint. So, is it worth to pass the 70-556 exam, or is it going to disappear or be updated early?

If it is worth to try to pass the exam, I have a second question: Are the contents of the exam based more on planning or more on M&A. I ask about this because planning is going to disappear completely, not even integrated in Sharepoint services, if i am correct.

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Mainstream Support for PerformancePoint Server will be available till Jan 8 2013. So I don’t think Microsoft will retire this exam before this date. There might be some questions get added because of this merger. So if you are an expert, I would recommend you to go for this exam.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=performancepoint&Filter=FilterNO

Check this blog for addition information about the exam http://bobjblog.wordpress.com/tag/70-556/

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Proposed as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by alvarj4 Friday, July 24, 2009 9:51 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:45 AM
  • Thanks Rubel, I will go for this exam.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 9:52 AM
  • the planning part is going away, but it is still about 85-90% of the exam
    would you like a copy of the study guide that i created?
    Friday, July 24, 2009 9:30 PM
  • 85-90% of the exam? Yes, please, could you give me a copy of your study guide.
    Thanks.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 8:50 AM
  • Can you please post your email address?  I can't find a way to attach.  Or you could email me at doug.haynie@msxgroup.com

Thanks
    Monday, July 27, 2009 1:45 PM