OFF TOPIC - Family Safety RRS feed

• General discussion

• This may be off-topic since it might be a different group working on the "Family Safety" component in OneCare - although I guess logically it kind of belongs.

Anway was wondering if we might see an x64 version of that software soon. That would really help complete the suite.

I was so surprised when the original version of OneCare came out *after* vista yet *without* x64 support. Not a good message for those of us that took the plunge with Vista to go 64. Am so glad that's now redressed and plan on testing out the new beta.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:57 PM

All replies

• Have you used the parental controls in Vista?
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:41 PM
  • Yes I have, but they're not as flexible.

The web-management of exceptions in family safety is great - ie can update rules, check logs etc remotely ie when out of house or when using seperate PC. That is superb.

Hope it will support x64 soon
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:31 PM
  • I'm moving this thread into the Off Topic folder as it isn't really OneCare beta related. The Family Safety product is a different team. Note that it is in beta still today, so I don't know what the future of it is. I thought that it would have been released months ago.

The original version of OneCare was actually released in the year before Vista, by the way. Version 1.5 was released when Vista launched. We had already been through 1.0 and 1.1 at that point. :-)

-steve

Friday, July 13, 2007 4:50 PM