WHS Admin Console RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to create an Admin Colse for a specific user, so that user only sees specific tabs? I am not a developer, I am hoping that it is as easy as modifying an INI file or registry key, or something of that nature. I am setting up a headless system, and want to restrict what users see when they RDP to the server.
    • Edited by b_weeks Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:19 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:43 AM

All replies

• No, there is no way to customize the Windows Home Server console per user. By default, only the Windows Home Server Administrator account can log directly in to the server; when you access the console through a client PC you're logging in as Administrator on the server. Also, by default only the Administrator account can log in through Remote Desktop, and changing this may result in other users being unable to log in through the Remote Access web site.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:57 PM
  • I am not concerned about the Remote Access Website. It is not going to be used.

I am going to be building a server for a client, and I will maintain the support of the server. However, the client may need to from time to time login to the server console (rdp), and I want to restirct his access so he cannot change the system configuration.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:32 PM