locked
Remote name could not be resolved:'crmserver' RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear All

    I am unable to configure my Outlook configuration for MS-CRM 4.0.

    I am able to connect to the ms-crm server using the internet explorer but fail to with Outlook.

     

    I have so far configured automatic login for the url in the internet explorer settings and also added the address into trusted sites.

    Also , I have added the server address onto hosts file in my client system.

     

    My server url stands as http://<address>:5555/

     

    I initially used to get the error stating "cannot connect to the server...." but now i end up getting

     Remote name could not be resolved:'crmserver'

    Any help would be dearly appreciated...

     

    Regards

    Harsh.P.Ajgaonkar

     

    Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:16 PM

All replies

  • Have you run a trace yet from the client?  Use the Diagnostics features in Start >> All Programs >> Dynamics CRM >>

     

    Also, have you modified the sitemap in anyway that could be deemed "Un Supported"

     

    Thanks

     

    Tony

    Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Dear Tony

    I cannot run the Diagnostics as the client machine is not yet configured with outlook for crm.

    It throws me an error stating the outlook for crm has to be configured for it to run.

    Also I have not modified the sitemap.

     

    Regards

    Harsh.P.Ajgaonkar

     


    Friday, November 18, 2011 4:24 AM
  • Can you open the crm url that you are trying to configure with using Internet Explorer... i know you mentioned to tried a few things with the IE browser already but just wanted to make sure...

    the error remote server cannot be found means it is not able to identify the "crmserver" it does not know which machine or where to connect...

    Sam


    Web: http://www.inogic.com
    Blog: http://inogic.blogspot.com
    Email: news@inogic.com
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Friday, November 18, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Dear Sam

    I am extremely sorry as i have not added the information in my earlier posts. My system is connecting over a VPN and i believe it might be the cause.

    Also, I have tried running the crm url on the IE and it opens up all well. I have also stored the credentials.

     I have also tried nslookup <server name.net> and it throws me a message stating

     "Non-Authoritative Answer

       Name:<servername.net>

       Address:<ip address> "

     

    I am not sure what the above means but I tried as a result of reading over few blogs over internet. I hope this helps...

     

     

    Regards

    Harsh.P.Ajgaonkar

     


    Friday, November 18, 2011 8:13 AM