Service WHSConnector Failed To Start RRS feed

• Question

• Hi-

I'm having difficulty getting the Connector software to install on a new XP install (on an EEE PC using nLite).  I've had a working WHS for some months now and have successfully installed the connector service on three computers.  On this new laptop (the eee), I can get to the server folders without difficulty but when I try to install the software, it only gets as far as the "Starting Services" portion (prior to having to enter my password) before the following error appears"

Service "Windows Home Server Connector Service" (WHSConector) failed to start.  Verify that you have sufficient privleges to sstart system services.

I am logged in as an administrator to my computer (at least under users it has me as a computer administrator).

Any sugestions out there on how to allow me to get this service started?

Thanks
    Sunday, March 2, 2008 2:10 AM

All replies

• Though it seems this is not a common problem, I thought I'd update the post above.  I tried re-installing XP using nLite but leaving all the "Services" intact.  The installation of the connector software has the exact same issue. Even if I create a new administrator account, I have the same issue...

I'm going to try a regular install.
    Friday, March 21, 2008 1:11 AM
  • I've just found that my I had to restart my 'Windows Management Instrumentation' service before I could finish the install and start the "Windows Home Server Connector Service". 
    Monday, January 26, 2009 9:45 PM