none
Profile Achievements are not updated (Recognition system) RRS feed

• Question

• 1-I believe I deserve gold achievement for forum answers since I achieved 500 + answers.

2-I have 14 published blog post though in my profile it shows only 12.

3-I didn’t get any ranking for blog posts with 2500+ views, I should have Blogger II achievement in my profile.

FAQ
    ----
    Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    My Blog
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.
    This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    View Ahmed Ibrahim's profile on LinkedIn

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:15 PM

Answers

• You should take a look at this link, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/596288e5-0fb1-49f3-94f1-aa5a4b11d7cc

a lot of people face similar problem(include me, when i reach 150 answer, and not get my forum answerer II)

If you get your question answered, please come back and Alternate TextMark As Answer.
    Web Developer

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Ahmed,

The blog post # is a separate bug. It's associated to using the Draft feature.

There are two related known issues...

(1) It does not show up on your list of total blog posts. This randomly happens if you save the post as a draft first. Could be related to why the medal doesn't trigger (or it could be the separate medal bug that Naomi mentioned).

(2) Your scheduled blog post won't show up on the front page of the MSDN blogs... so you miss some potential views from that.

As a result, if I ever use the draft feature, I include "DRAFT:" at the front of the title and I never publish it. When I'm ready to publish, I just copy and paste into a new post. It takes a few seconds.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:56 PM
    Owner

All replies

• You should take a look at this link, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/596288e5-0fb1-49f3-94f1-aa5a4b11d7cc

a lot of people face similar problem(include me, when i reach 150 answer, and not get my forum answerer II)

If you get your question answered, please come back and Alternate TextMark As Answer.
    Web Developer

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:50 PM
  • HI Ahmed

Thanks for your posting. Norkk points you to the right direction. This is known issue and they are still working on it, Current ETA is "after October". I have also answered around 800 but still do not have any Gold for that.

Many thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:05 PM
  • I also didn't get any new achievement medals for about a year or more.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:59 PM
  • Ahmed,

The blog post # is a separate bug. It's associated to using the Draft feature.

There are two related known issues...

(1) It does not show up on your list of total blog posts. This randomly happens if you save the post as a draft first. Could be related to why the medal doesn't trigger (or it could be the separate medal bug that Naomi mentioned).

(2) Your scheduled blog post won't show up on the front page of the MSDN blogs... so you miss some potential views from that.

As a result, if I ever use the draft feature, I include "DRAFT:" at the front of the title and I never publish it. When I'm ready to publish, I just copy and paste into a new post. It takes a few seconds.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:56 PM
    Owner