WHS2011 Drive Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am confused.

What I have is a home built WHS2011 machine with plenty of hardware, including a 250g and a 1.5T drive. WHS partitioned and installed to the 250g. Great! However, the remaining 172g partition filled up quickly and said I needed to move a folder to another drive or remove some files. I selected he move option, then selected the 1.5T Samsung green drive and moved my server backups with no problem. Once completed I got critical warnings about folders missing and that I needed to restore or recreate them. I tried and the only way I can get it to work is to move them back to teh smaller 172g partition. I've tried for hours and read all I could find about adding more storage and it seems straight forward: add the dive, format it, move the folders, in this case it was the client folder. The bottom line is that it won't let me use the larger drive. It doesn't even show up with I go to My Computer to look at the drives - but it is there in the Dashboard.  What in the world am I missing?

Thanks,

Randy

Sunday, October 30, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• Can I assume you did all the moving with the Dashboard? If that's the case then it sounds as though there might be something wrong with the drive.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:43 PM