Create custom Email to send meeting outcomes from Appointments to NON-CRM users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We have a custom field on the Appointment entity called "Meeting Outcomes", where the meeting owner enters the outcome of the meeting after the meeting has been completed.

Our meeting owners then want to send these meeting notes to other people within our Organisation.  These people (of which there may be multiple) NOT users within CRM.

I can not see any functionality to do that within the CRM 2011 (have I missed something).

I believe Microsoft's solution would be to have the people as users in CRM and subscribed to the appropriate accounts, etc. and see the detail in the activity stream or publish via Yammer.  However we are not going to purchase more licences.

So, the current solution is to copy the meeting notes and paste them manually into a new email and send.

We are wanting to create something like a dialog process that would prompt the user to specify multiple email addresses and then send an email.  I tried setting one up which prompted for the email address and then pass that to the email TO field.  But while the field will allow field values of "Appointment Owner" inserted, I can't insert my response value from the dialog process.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks.

Michael Thorne Team Leader, Corporate Applications Queensland Investment Corporation

Monday, February 24, 2014 12:51 AM